Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Revisitng Module #4 - Essential Understandings (improved)

Even though I am way behind with this class (just starting Module #8) I needed to return to our assignments in Module #4 "essential understandings."  As I started to really think about learning outcomes for my course (learning and using tech applications with the arts) my thinking shifted about logical outcomes.  So that I can continue going forward with our EDUC 251, the foundational components needed to be changed and clarified in my thinking.
  • Arts learning involves a different type of cognitive and affective engagement of the learner. To best accommodate this type of learning, classroom teachers must adopt teaching methods which incorporate visual, auditory and kinesthetic modalities.
  • Many technology applications lend themselves to appreciating and creating the qualitative and experiential learning involved in arts-making.
  • Arts learning can be incorporated in classroom curriculum using available and free technology applications accessed off the Web.
  • With limited resources, classroom teachers can readily learn to use technology applications which create unique learning opportunities provided by the arts.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're comfortable going back and revisiting. The work really never is done. And I think that you'd revisit it after a pilot run, as well. It can be humbling, but it really helps us build flexibility and release control where it should be more in the hands of the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jennifer. My original intention in taking this entire series of courses has changed. This paradigm shift happened about a month ago which has taken some adjusting for me. Nevertheless, I'm "hell-bent" on developing a certain level of expertise which can be of value for pre-service teachers and classroom teachers. I really appreciate you taking the time during our face-to-face to show me some other web sources for educators who value the process of creating with technology and not simply learning from a technology platform.

    ReplyDelete